Thursday, January 13, 2011

Busy Busy Busy


My goal this year is to get back to updating and keeping you up to date on Brooke and her journey. She is doing really good, reason I haven't really updated anything. We were able to get through the holidays and Brooke again was spoiled and had a very nice Christmas!

2011 has now began and I have so many goals, ideas, and resolutions that I think it is going to be one busy year! Brooke is now very stable with her labs and her liver function tests are looking really good! She still has an EBV level of 400, but Georgetown is watching this very closely and monitoring it. This may just be where she hangs out...let's just pray it doesn't get any higher or intervention will have to take place.

With that said, since I am not as busy going back and forth to DC for labs, inpatient trying to get Brooke stable, consumed with her meds, and this liver disease/transplant has loosened its reins, it is now time for me to give back! I am going to a training session in February with the Washington Regional Transplant Community to start promoting organ donation and becoming a Friends for Life Volunteer and Donate Life champion!

Also, this coming Monday, Brooke is being interviewed by the Make a Wish foundation!! Georgetown sent in her information and they will be granting her a wish! I asked her the other day what would you like to do, or go, or see...her comment to me was "I want to swim with the dolphins but they might take me out to sea and I not be able to come home!" (too much Disney mermaid I think) She also said she loves Hi Ho....her favorite movie that we have to watch countless times a day! By the way that is Snow White and the seven dwarfs! =) After Mondays interview, I will post and let you know what the decision will be!

Brooke is such a blessing to us! She truly has taught us so much in her short little life! She has so much personality, she never meets a stranger, she carries on conversations like she is so grown, she has such a beautiful relationship with her siblings....well Dustin and her, Chelsie and her have a different personality together...they like to fret each other, pick at each other, argue about things together, but then at the end they are snuggled together reading a book, watching tv, and laughing together! I just wish they could get to that point quicker and save me some headaches! Really, they also have a wonderful realationship and Chelsie would do anything in the world for her!

So please check in often and know that I promise to update more and keep you posted of all Brooke's progresses, lab results (we are to monthly labs finally!), birthday party, and milestones! You have been on this journey with us every step of every day and we thank you and appreciate your love and support! Hope you have a blessed day!

1 comment:

  1. Yes she is a true blessing to all of us! I love that baby girl like she was my own. She has a amazing family not to mention how wonderful and giving her mother is its no wonder she is no stranger to anyone!! she is a doll baby and happy that she is staying stable on her labs... keep up the great work Brookie!!! the Wallace family ROCKS!!! love you guys!! Becky

    ReplyDelete