Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Operation Easter Baskets


I am working on a project as one of my give back goals for 2011! I am asking for your help! I am trying get 60 Easter baskets put together and distributed to the pediatrics at Georgetown University! This is for the Pediatric transplant unit, the PICU (Pediatric Intensive Care Unit), and the general pediatric floor.

As a mother of a child that has been inpatient for long periods of time, I know personally what kids and families go through inside that walls of a hospital! When you can put a smile of the faces of these babies and kids, through a gift and kind act like this, it gives them so much joy and hope!

If you can and are willing to help put together one or several Easter baskets for these babies/kids, please contact me. The Easter baskets can be filled with small toys, coloring books/crayons, movies, jewelry, books, games/puzzles and Easter candy(No Nuts) or anything you feel a child would like.

There are 4 simple steps:

1. Decide whether your gift will be for a boy or a girl and choose an age category: (0-2), (2-4), (5-7). (8-10), (11-13), (14-16)..please let me know what age and gender you are creating a basket for so I can keep track of what baskets we will still need created.

2. Find a basket, bucket or other creative idea.

3. Then, fill your basket with a variety of gifts.

4. Wrap your basket in a cellophane bag. When done please attach a tag that states Boy or Girl and the age category for the basket.

I will need all baskets by April 18th I can arrange to pick them up from you or arrange a delivery time and place.

If you have any questions, interested in creating one of these baskets or two, etc., I can be reached by messaging me on facebook, emailing me at wallacefamily@vabb.com, or call my cell phone at 540-661-7554.

I hope I can count on you to help with this project! Your special act of kindness will forever hold a special place in the hearts of these families for a lifetime! I know they have for me and my family!

Thank you in advance for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment